Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Filipino Pansit


 FILIPINO PANSIT 

Pansit or Pancit is one of my favorite Filipino dish. It is a combination of noodles,  chopped vegetables, some spices, (your) preferred meat, salt (some adds soy sauce too) and water (I prefer to use chicken broth). Regardless of what kind of meat, vegetables or spices and seasonings you want in cooking pansit, trust me, it will turn out good!

Today,  I am sharing with you my recipe in cooking this dish. Please know that there are several different  recipes available that you can try too. Also, I  would like to let you know that I am not a chef or professional cook. I just love to cook for myself, my family and my friends. Add the fact that I love to eat too!  😃 

You are very much welcome to comment on what you think after trying this recipe by yourself.


FILIPINO PANSIT

INGREDIENTS:

* olive oil

* chicken broth

* minced  garlic 

* salt 

* ground black pepper (optional)

* herbs  de provence seasoning (optional)

* yellow and red bell peppers cut in strips

* red onion cut in strips

* carrots cut in thin strips

* green onions

* green beans (cut French style)

* green  cabbage cut in strips

* country style pork. ribs (cut in. thin strips)

* hotdog or sausages or bratwurst 

* raw shrimp (I prefer to use shell on tail on raw shrimp)

* noodles (I'm out of flour noodles and I didn't like  the result of using egg noodles so I thought of using spaghetti noodles/pasta this time).


DIRECTIONS:

1. Cook  meat and shrimp separately. Starting with the hotdog. Boil water, toss. hotdogs. Once completely cooked, transfer to a  plate and  set aside. You may also start boiling water for the. noodles of your. choice.

2. Using the same wok, add butter and sautée the shrimp (make sure to season it. with salt). Once done, set   aside for later.

3. Add olive oil in the wok, cook the pork. Again, make sure to salt it. Once cooked, transfer to a plate and set aside.

4. Use the same wok, toss in the garlic, the stalk part of the. green. onions and carrots. Then add red and yellow bell peppers and the red onions. Halfway to cooking this...

5. Add  the  cooked pork meat, hotdogs, cabbage, green beans and  the leafy portion of the green onions. Stir to combine all ingredients.

6. Add chicken broth as desired/needed. (I prefer to use less sodium broth because I am prone to forming kidney  stones.) This is to prevent the ingredients from sticking on the bottom of. the wok. My wok isn't non-stick, so that's why :) 

7. Once  the cabbage starts looking cooked/done,  turn the burner off and add the noodles of  your   choice.  I am using spaghetti noodles here because I ran out of flour noodles. I've tried using egg noodles but I  don't think I liked the  result.  I saw  a video using spaghetti noodles in cooking pandit, so I thought of trying it and see what it tastes like.

8. Add the cooked shrimp and sprinkle Herbs De Provenance (optional)

9. Serve hot and with a smile! 😊 (It's just the right thing to do since this dish is cooked with so much love! ❤️)

Please also visit my other blogs The[un]chef101. And if you have not yet subscribed to my channel My Siesta  please click on the subscribe button and share this video so other people on the same diet can also enjoy this dish. Thank you very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment